Videos

• Add Videos

Badge

Loading…

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Events

Hi Everyone.... I'm currently shopping for a treadmill and plan on building my own Treaddesk.  I'm a big guy (6'6" 245lbs) and I've noticed that when I walk on a number of treadmills at low speeds (1mph), the treadmills bogs down a little.  The walking isn't smooth and continuous, then.

-  Does anyone else have that problem (even at lower weights?)
-  Does anyone know if this will cause the motor any problems over time?
-  Does anyone have recommendations for a treadmill that is not terribly expensive but still has the necessary horsepower?

Thanks ~ A

Views: 583

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My first experiment was with a cheap/older treadmill. I found that adding incline made a big difference in the treadmill being able to run for longer periods. 1.5 mph and 2 incline was very comfortable. The treadmill would run for 99 minutes (limit of its timer) without starting to bog down. While having the treadmill stop at 99 minutes can be annoying if it breaks your concentration but it does have the advantage of remining you to take a break occasionally.

Taylor
A,

I purchased a Treaddesk about a 18 months ago and have not had any problems with it at all. I am 6'2", 215 and have lost 38 lbs since I began walking at my desk. I average about 1.8 mph but have not experienced any slipping or bogging down of the motor. The reason I ended up buying one from Treaddesk was due to the fact that they designed theirs for slower speeds and it appears that they did a good job. I have recommeded it to others in our office and two co-workers eventually bought one as well.

Good luck - Jay
I can easily recommend the T91/ I started out weighing 255 and walking at .5 to 1.0 mph with 0% incline. The T91 had absolutely no slipping or bogging down at that speed and with my weight. I dropped over 40 lbs in 3 months and am walking at 1.7 with a 2.0% incline.

I guess the next question to ask is how much do you mean by 'not terribly expensive'? I purchased the Horizon T91 from Amazon for around 500.00 (list was 800+). It had free shipping and arrived on semi (lol). An amusing anecdote: The driver had only a rickety hand cart and could barely move the box. My wife had him leave it propped against the house until I came home from work.

It is a very nice treadmill. It can fold up (when my desk is moved) and (when folded) has wheels to move it around.

Geo.
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I went ahead and got a Merit Fitness 725t Plus, and even though it only has a 1.5 CHP motor, it seems to work quite well. I also built my own desk for ~ $40. 3 hours a day so far and loving it!

RSS

© 2017   Created by bdrhoa.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service