Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Badge

Loading…

Events

Where can I try out a treadmill desk in NYC?

I'd like to make sure I can do my work while walking, but I haven't found any places where I can try out working and walking.  any suggestions of where I could go in NYC that has a computer set up?

Thanks!

Views: 205

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know specifically about NYC but some of the exercise equipment stores sometimes has treadmill desks.  I think the only specific treadmill desk store is around Seattle WA.  

thanks steve!  i called one store, but they don't have computer setups, just treadmills. I wonder how other people tried it out or whether they just bought the materials without trying it out...

I doubt many places have computer setups.  Maybe if you brought in your laptop computer (preferably with a separate keyboard and mouse) they would let you try it that way.  It might not be perfect but would give you some kind of an idea.  

I have mentioned this before but I really like my Kinesis Freestyle 2 keyboard on my treadmill desk.  It allows me to have my hands further apart than typical with most other keyboards.  I find this much more natural when on a treadmill.  

Hope you can figure it out before you buy.  I am not sure your application but even using a treadmill desk a few hours a day can make a difference.  I am guessing with your being in NYC you have limited room for both a regular desk and a treadmill desk?  

Yes, it's true about the space being limited. i'll have to look into the smaller treadmills.

you might be right about bringing a laptop with keyboard and mouse to an equipment store.  (unless anyone from new york has an idea to post here).

thanks for that keyboard advice.  

Maggie

If space is limited like I think it is, I would suggest you consider splurging for a desk that is adjustable in height.  That way you can use the same desk for both sitting, standing and the treadmill.  

In my configuration I have 2 desks and monitors and go from one to the other but probably have more space than you do.  

RSS

© 2017   Created by bdrhoa.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service